The Nevada Conservatory Theatre at UNLV presents the treasured holiday classic, Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, Dec. 5-15 in the Judy Bayley Theatre. Rick and Tammy Pessagno direct.
Loved by both the young and young at heart, Dickens’ iconic Christmas story features that famous Ebeneezer Scrooge (Bah Humbug!) and the three ghosts who lead him through time to show him the error of his ways. What’s Christmas without A Christmas Carol? A treat for the entire family!
Rick Pessagno has worked for more than 35 years as a performer, director, choreographer, and producer. Former credits include Guys & Dolls, 110 In The Shade, How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, and The Angels Sing (the music and lyrics of Johnny Mercer).
Tammy Pessagno began her career as a professional dancer. She is a dance and musical theatre instructor as well as director/choreographer with more than 30 years progressive theatre experience. Tammy served on the dance faculty at UNLV where she staged, choreographed and/or co-directed many main-stage musicals, and has been associated with the Las Vegas Academy since 2001, where she created a dance curriculum for the musical theatre student, as well as choreographed and/or co-directed 13 main stage musicals to date, most notably the International Thespian Society’s 75th Anniversary Festival production of Ragtime.
The cast includes:
- Equity actor Daniel Kremer as Scrooge
- Sam Cordes as Cratchit
- Jack Lafferty as Fezziwig/Ghost of Present/Businessman/Charity Worker
- Darek Riley as Marley’s Ghost/ Marley/Businessman
- Bernhard Verhoeven as Fred
- Ryan Dougherty as Peter Cratchit/ School Boy/ Turkey Boy
- Josh Nadler as Dick Wilkins/Tom Watkins/ Undertaker
- Alex Olson as Young Scrooge
- Christian Wilson as Topper/ School Boy/ Businessman/ Vender
- Ashley Patrice Bufkin as Ghost of Past/Charity Worker/Peg
- Amber Bonasso as Mrs. Cratchit
- Victoria Spelman as Belle/Alice
- Madison Kisst as Martha Cratchit/Missy Watkins
- Sydney Berg as Mrs. Dilbert/Mrs. Fezziwig
- Jasmine Mathews as Fan/Laundress/Bess
- Cooper Macalalad as Tiny Tim Cratchit
- Eli Dupont as Daniel Cratchit/School Boy/Ignorance
- Almog Aybar Agron as Belinda Cratchut/Want
- Yaara Aybar Agron as Melinda Cratchit
- Patrick Cristobal as Warehouse Man
- Maurice Palmer as Warehouse Man
- Darren Krattli as Warehouse Man
The production and design team include scenic designer Dana Moran Williams, lighting designer Josh Wroblewski, sound designer Brian Miller, costume designer Judy Ryerson, technical director Megan Morey, properties master Jade Cagalawan, and production stage manager Amanda L. Mayfield.
Showtimes & Tickets
Show times are at 8 p.m. on Dec. 5, 6, 7, 12, 13 & 14 with matinees at 2 p.m. on Dec. 7, 8, 14, and 15, in the Judy Bayley Theatre. Tickets are $20-30, and 10 percent off for children 18.
For tickets or additional information, visit pac.unlv.edu or call 895-ARTS (2787).
UNLV is a doctoral-degree-granting institution of more than 27,000 students and 2,900 faculty and staff. Founded in 1957, the university offers more than 220 undergraduate, master's and doctoral degree programs. UNLV is located on a 332-acre campus in dynamic Southern Nevada and is classified in the category of Research Universities (high research activity) by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.